“Live your lives boldly and keep the door open for others.”
The Edwin M. Lee Community Fund seeks to continue the work of the late Mayor Edwin M. Lee who fought for a more just, inclusive, and compassionate society. (You can read more about Ed’s legacy here.) In the spirit of these values, the Edwin M. Lee Community fund seeks to support organizations that hold similar values, especially with initiatives that include but are not limited to:
- Protect immigrants and increase pathways to citizenship
- Reduce homelessness with a focus on increasing affordable housing
- Protect the environment and reduce the harmful effects of climate change
- Support equal pay and leadership opportunities for women
- Improve access to quality education for all students
- Advance causes for social justice and human rights
Our family is grateful for the outpouring of support for this fund. As our family is rooted in the San Francisco Bay Area, grants from the fund will primarily support organizations in San Francisco and the Greater Bay Area while some grants may be given to organizations across the US and internationally.
You can read more details about our family’s plans for the fund here.
The Edwin M. Lee fund will support nonprofit organizations and social causes that were important to the mayor and remain important to his family. Mayor Ed Lee’s wife and two daughters have established a donor advised fund at The San Francisco Foundation in memory of Mayor Lee.